This is a list of events that occurred in the 2270s:
With the quarantine on Earth lifted, Stephen Franklin travels to Babylon 5 and purchases a small explorer vessel, intending to explore worlds on the Rim. G'Kar, visiting the station, learns of his plans and joins him on his voyage of exploration and discovery.
Simon Burke, a security officer stationed on Babylon 5, is possessed by Asmodeus while on a vacation to Earth. Father Cassidy and Colonel Elizabeth Lochley figure out how to safely free Burke from this control.
- Saturday, December 30, 2271
- The Centauri Republic attacks a number of defenseless but strategically valuable border worlds at the edge of their territory, as part of a campaign of increased belligerence towards the Interstellar Alliance. Among the targets are Mipas, Shandukan, Bricarn 9, and Harper's World.
- G'Kar covertly visits Centauri Prime disguised in a Changeling net, when he prevents an assassination attempt on Prime Minister Durla by Lord Yson at a public engagement. To prevent G'Kar from being executed as an offworld spy, Emperor Londo Mollari invites him to stay in the royal palace as his guest, a reward for saving his prime minister's life.
Circa 2276 Edit
- Thursday, December 18, 2278
- John Sheridan and Delenn are captured on Centauri Prime in their attempt to free their son, David Sheridan II.
- Wednesday, December 24, 2278
- After they are released, Delenn warns Sheridan not to go to Z'ha'dum, while he is in a time flux related to events that took place on Babylon 4 many years earlier.
- Emperor Londo Mollari dies along his with long time friend, G'Kar. 
- Vir Cotto rises to the throne of the Centauri Republic after Emperor Mollari dies. He flees Centauri Prime along with Senna Refa and with those heads of noble houses that were able to escape, setting up a government in exile on Minbar.
- Sunday, January 4, 2279
- Thursday, January 8, 2279
- Friday, January 16, 2279
- Delenn is unanimously elected to the office of president of the Interstellar Alliance.
- After declining re-election to the Interstellar Alliance presidency, John Sheridan becomes the new Anla'Shok Na/Entil'Zha, leader of the Rangers.
- ↑ The Lost Tales mini-comic
- ↑ Final Reckoning - The Fate of Bester
- ↑ Armies of Light and Dark. The attacks on Morbis and Nefua took place in January according to Emperor Londo Mollari II's journal entry, and Durla said they took place six months earlier.
- ↑ Voices in the Dark - Over Here
- ↑ Babylon 5: The Lost Tales
- ↑ Out of the Darkness
- ↑ Out of the Darkness
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 Sleeping in Light
- ↑ War Without End, Part II
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 Out of the Darkness
|Before the Third Age:||20th Century and earlier 21st Century 22nd Century 2200s 2210s 2220s 2230s 2240s|
|2250s:||2250 2251 2252 2253 2254 2255 2256 2257 2258 2259|
|2260s:||2260 2261 2262 2263 2264 2265 2266 2267 2268 2269|
|2270s onwards:||2270s 2280s 2290s 2300s and beyond|