In 2258 Abel Horn's body was recovered by Bureau 13 following his death during the Mars Rebellion. Thirteen oversaw his "recruitment" into Project Lazarus and in March 2259 she coordinated with Control to smuggle Horn onto Babylon 5 in a bid to strengthen Earth's hold on the Mars colony by assassinating FutureCorp CEO Taro Isogi and Mars Provisional Government rep Amanda Carter before travelling to Mars to destroy Free Mars from the inside. Isogi was successfully terminated but the Unit was unable to complete the mission and was destroyed before it could leave the station for Mars. Following the incident, Thirteen was concerned that the Bureau was at risk and ordered Control to follow up until certain.
- Control/Talia Winters - (under the Sleeper program)
- Abel Horn - (under the Lazarus Project)
- Coincidentally, Bureau 13 is also the name of a fictional top-secret government agency in the role-playing game "Bureau 13: Stalking the Night Fantastic", a fact not known to the production team or script writer Larry DiTillio while the episode was being shot. Once J. Michael Straczynski was made aware of the game, it was decided to never use the name again, with the "in-universe" explanation that the Bureau had been "subsumed into the larger organizations".
- The novel "Deadly Relations - Bester Ascendant" written by J. Gregory Keyes features a similar organisation within Psi Corps called "Department Sigma", which appears to be either the parent entity for Bureau 13 or simply another name for the same organisation.
- ↑ A Spider in the Web
- ↑ Deadly Relations - Bester Ascendant
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 JMS post on CIS - 8/6/1997 4:02:00 PM
- ↑ JMS post on CIS - 3/24/1996 3:52:00 PM
- ↑ JMS post on rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated - 12/13/1994 2:29:00 PM
- ↑ JMS post on GENIE - 10/15/1995 12:38:00 PM
- ↑ JMS post on CIS - 2/9/1996 3:25:00 PM