Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Babylon 5 becomes part of the Brakiri "Day of the Dead" festival, in which people are visited by the deceased from their past. Famous entertainers Rebo and Zooty visit the station.
- Bruce Boxleitner as President John Sheridan
- Jerry Doyle as Michael Garibaldi
- Mira Furlan as Ambassador Delenn
- Richard Biggs as Dr. Stephen Franklin
- Bill Mumy as Lennier
- Tracy Scoggins as Captain Elizabeth Lochley
- Stephen Furst as Vir Cotto
- Jeff Conaway as Security Chief Zack Allan
- Patricia Tallman as Lyta Alexander
- Peter Jurasik as Ambassador Londo Mollari
- Andreas Katsulas as Ambassador G'Kar
- Guest Starring
- Special Appearance by
- Jonathan Chapman as Brakiri Ambassador
- Mary Major as ISN Reporter
- Skip Stellrecht as Customs Officer
- Ismael Kanater as Brakiri Salesman
- Harlan Ellison as Voice of Zooty
- Regular characters who appear in this episode are John Sheridan, Michael Garibaldi, Delenn, Lennier, Elizabeth Lochley, Londo Mollari and G'Kar.
- First and only on-screen appearance of the previously mentioned Rebo & Zooty.
Lochley agrees to sell part of Babylon 5 to the Brakiri for a night. This is for their "Day of the Dead" ceremony, which happens only once every two hundred years.
G'Kar warns Lochley against the transaction, saying that strange things are rumored to have happened, but she ignores him.
A comedic troop, Reno and Zooty, come to Babylon 5 and are hosted by Sheridan and Delenn.
During the Day of the Dead, Garibaldi sees Dodger (from the season 2 episode GROPOS). They talk about life, Lise, and other things generally. Lochley sees Zoe (someone from Lochley's past). They talk about Zoey's death, what Lochley did after, and Zoey gives Lochley a message for Sheridan. Londo sees Adira. Lennier sees Mr. Morden, who tells Lennier that he will betray the Rangers.
After the Day of the Dead, Lochley and Sheridan are trying to figure out what happened, and Lochley says she doesn't know and is fine with a little mystery. She then says she has a message for Sheridan from Kosh: "When the long night comes, return to the end of the beginning."
..."Because it tells me to"...
Zooty's whisper to President Sheridan about the device he uses
When the long night comes, return to the end of the beginning.
A message from Kosh to Sheridan, given by Kosh to Zoe to Lochley to Sheridan
- Dodger's observation that "any Emily Dickinson poem can be sung to the tune of 'The Yellow Rose of Texas'" echoes the same comment in the Hugo Award-winning satirical short story, "The Soul Selects Her Own Society: Invasion and Repulsion: A Chronological Reinterpretation of Two of Emily Dickinson's Poems: A Wellsian Perspective," written by Connie Willis and published in 1996 in Asimov's Science Fiction and War of the Worlds: Global Dispatches.
|Babylon 5 Season 5 "Wheel of Fire"|
|<<< Previous Season "No Compromises" "The Very Long Night of Londo Mollari" "The Paragon of Animals" "A View from the Gallery" "Learning Curve" "Strange Relations" "Secrets of the Soul" "Day of the Dead" "In the Kingdom of the Blind" "A Tragedy of Telepaths" "Phoenix Rising" "The Ragged Edge" "The Corps is Mother, the Corps is Father" "Meditations on the Abyss" "Darkness Ascending" "And All My Dreams, Torn Asunder" "Movements of Fire and Shadow" "The Fall of Centauri Prime" "Wheel of Fire" "Objects in Motion" "Objects at Rest" "Sleeping in Light"|
|Babylon 5 franchise|
|Babylon 5 & Crusade Episodes by Season|
|Signs and Portents The Coming of Shadows Point of No Return No Surrender, No Retreat Wheel of Fire Crusade: Season 1 Unfilmed Episodes|
|The Gathering In the Beginning Thirdspace River of Souls A Call to Arms The Legend of the Rangers Voices in the Dark|
|Novels Comic Books Short Stories Reference books Magazines|
|DVD Releases VHS Home Video The Official Guide to Babylon 5 Babylon 5: Into the Fire|