Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Bruce Boxleitner as Captain John Sheridan
- Claudia Christian as Commander Susan Ivanova
- Jerry Doyle as Security Chief Michael Garibaldi
- Mira Furlan as Ambassador Delenn
- Richard Biggs as Dr. Stephen Franklin
- Andrea Thompson as Talia Winters
- Stephen Furst as Vir Cotto
- Bill Mumy as Lennier
- Mary Kay Adams as Na'Toth
- Robert Rusler as Lieutenant Warren Keffer
- Andreas Katsulas as Ambassador G'Kar
- Peter Jurasik as Ambassador Londo Mollari
- Douglas Bennett as First Man
- Ardwight Chamberlain as Kosh
- Joshua Cox as Tech #1
- Danny De La Paz as Running Man
- Jani Neuman as Med Tech
- George Simms as Security Guard
- Regular Characters appearing in this episode are John Sheridan, Susan Ivanova, Michael Garibaldi, Delenn, Stephen Franklin and Talia Winters.
- Last onscreen appearance of Talia Winters, played by Andrea Thompson, though she would still continue to be credited in the opening titles.
- This episode also marks the first return of Lyta Alexander, played by Patricia Tallman, since "The Gathering": she will continue to appear as a recurring character in the third season before becoming a regular for the remainder of the show.
Captain Sheridan runs into Delenn at the Universe Today kiosk. She mentions that she subscribes to the "Eye On Minbari" because not only would it benefit her to know how Minbari is perceived by humans but she occasionally gets some information faster than be told "what she needs to know, and not more". Meanwhile on Mars, a seriously injured man, Lee, stumbles through the sewers and runs into another man, Derek. Derek offers to take Lee to a hospital, but turns it down. With his last breath, Lee passes a data crystal to Derek, asking him to take it to Babylon 5 and warn them to tell them it's not safe.
Ivanova is having a jovial meal with Talia Winters when she gets a notification that a ship had just came in through the jumpgate but isn't moving. Before they adjourn, Winters tells Ivanova that her suite has problems and offers Ivanova's offer to stay at her's for the night. The ship refuses to hail calls and is towed to a hangar. Garibaldi and Franklin find a single unconscious survivor. They recognise her as Lyta and Garibaldi briefs Sheridan on her history with Kosh. Lyta recovers in sickbay, but soon as she puts her feet down, she aggressively demands to see Captain Sheridan, claiming that she knows that one of them is a traitor.
The command staff hear a calmed Lyta in a meeting. She reveals that she had joined the revolutionary meeting on Mars but one of her best intelligence agent had been murdered because he uncovered a secret Psi Corps 'sleeper' programme - a latent, unconscious personality which transmitted information after being planted in government positions. The latent personality could only be activated telepathically and takes over permanently. Lyta claims that she has received the telepathic password and proposes to telepathically send the activation password to all command staff. Sheridan tells her that he will consider it. Later, Sheridan confides privately with Delenn in hydroponics, complaining that there's never a dull moment. He notices that she places her hand over his to comfort him, but he is quickly called away to his duties. Garibaldi reports that Lyta's story checks out and believes that she is telling the truth. Meanwhile, Winters has made herself at home in Ivanova's quarters and Ivanova asks her if she knows Lyta. She says that they met in school but it was a long time ago. At the same time, Garibaldi orders Zack to transfer Lyta from the interrogation chamber to a cell, but, as Lyta walks to her new cell, suddenly the lights in the corridor cut out. The unseen attacker kills both her guards, but Lyta manages to disappear unharmed.
Sheridan berates Ivanova and Garibaldi and wants the missing Lyta found. He is seriously considering to accept Lyta's proposal, but Ivanova vehemently objects. Lyta sends an anomymous call to Delenn asking to meet up in an hour. Ivanova confides in Talia. Delenn, after meeting Lyta, confronts Sheridan with the message from Lyta that she will only meet with all of them present. Sheridan accepts the offer to meet whereever she wants. Back in Sheridan's quarters he is surprised to find a worried Ivanova waiting for him. She reveals to him that she has been vehement against letting a telepath into her mind because she is a latent telepath.
Sheridan assures Ivanova that he is on her side, but is pulled into an old memory of Ivanova with a raven sitting on her shoulder, asking him if he knew who she was. They are interrupted by an urgent meeting request from Delenn. She brings Lyta to the command staff meeting. Sheridan offers to go first, and is clean. Franklin and Garibaldi also prove clean, but Sheridan asks Lyta to hold off on Ivanova. They then call in the rest of the second-rated officers officers one by one on pretenses, but with no luck. As patience runs thin, the senior staff clash over Ivanova's insistence but she eventually relents. Lyta notices that Ivanova is blocking her, but eventually the password is transmitted with no reaction. Talia Winters walks in casually, without noticing what was going on in the room, so Lyta takes the opportunity to send the password to her. There is a violent reaction, and Winters attempts to shoot Lyta but is foiled by Garibaldi.
Sheridan, Garibaldi and Franklin discuss the day's events and what to do with Psi Corp's sleeper programme. Garibaldi is reminded of her strange interactions with Kosh. Ivanova confronts Winters in house arrest, hoping to see what is left of her friendship but only a sinister personality remains. Lyta visits Kosh in his atmospheric quarters, which tells Kosh that she had never told anyone, and kept their memories hidden. She asks Kosh if she can see their true form before she leaves Babylon 5, which Kosh grants without a word.
- "I guess this wouldn't be a good time for me to suggest we all join hands and sing Kumbaya?" - Michael Garibaldi, attempting to defuse the tension
- "Why is it that every time you finally get things calmed down and everything's going great life decides to kick you in the butt?" - John Sheridan to Delenn
- "After our last encounter with your reporters, I felt that I should be more prepared in the future. I find this notion of the press a fascinating but sometimes troubling concept." - Delenn to Sheridan
|Babylon 5 Season 2 "The Coming of Shadows"|
|<<< Previous Season "Points of Departure" "Revelations" "The Geometry of Shadows" "A Distant Star" "The Long Dark" "A Spider in the Web" "Soul Mates" "A Race Through Dark Places" "The Coming of Shadows" "GROPOS" "All Alone in the Night" "Acts of Sacrifice" "Hunter, Prey" "There All the Honor Lies" "And Now For a Word" "In the Shadow of Z'ha'dum" "Knives" "Confessions and Lamentations" "Divided Loyalties" "The Long, Twilight Struggle" "Comes the Inquisitor" "The Fall of Night" Next Season >>>|
|Babylon 5 franchise|
|Babylon 5 & Crusade Episodes by Season|
|Signs and Portents The Coming of Shadows Point of No Return No Surrender, No Retreat Wheel of Fire Crusade: Season 1 Unfilmed Episodes|
|The Gathering In the Beginning Thirdspace River of Souls A Call to Arms The Legend of the Rangers Voices in the Dark|
|Novels Comic Books Short Stories Reference books Magazines|
|DVD Releases VHS Home Video The Official Guide to Babylon 5 Babylon 5: Into the Fire|