Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Security Chief Garibaldi is kidnapped by Ambassador G'Kar
- Writer: David Gerrold
- Penciller: Rebecca Guay
- Inker: Rick Bryant
- The story takes place between "The Geometry of Shadows" and "A Distant Star".
- Narn children are taught the art of negotiation at an early age; the Narn consider themselves master hagglers.
- If Greegil is to be believed, the Narn kinial system has several ranks denoting levels of family obligation: this-kini, val-kini, dar-kini, on-kini, dru-kini, bas-kini, and ini-darka. Ini-darka is the highest rank.
- Laser-mirror-starweb is rock-paper-scissors with different names.
- At one point (just after they haggle) Sheridan calls Greegil "Greelig."
- This issue features a computer-generated cover picture by Foundation Imaging, a rendering of G'Kar's ship nearly hitting the D'Vordo.
- During one of the negotiation scenes, Greegil says, "You'd have me cut my own throat, you dibbler". This is probably a reference to Terry Pratchett's Discworld series of novels, which feature a salesman called "Cut-me-own-throat Dibbler."
- This story introduces a lot of gadgets we've never seen in the series (and probably never will.) The starweb and "shields" on Earth ships are two that seem like they would have appeared in the show if they were part of the canonical B5 universe. The maintenance robot in the station's core is questionable, though it at least isn't inconsistent with anything in the series. The stun gas used by G'Kar might be the same as the "morph gas" mentioned in "By Any Means Necessary."
|Babylon 5 franchise|
|Babylon 5 & Crusade Episodes by Season|
|Signs and Portents The Coming of Shadows Point of No Return No Surrender, No Retreat Wheel of Fire Crusade: Season 1 Unfilmed Episodes|
|The Gathering In the Beginning Thirdspace River of Souls A Call to Arms The Legend of the Rangers Voices in the Dark|
|Novels Comic Books Short Stories Reference books Magazines|
|DVD Releases VHS Home Video The Official Guide to Babylon 5 Babylon 5: Into the Fire|
|Babylon 5 Comic Books|
|In Darkness Find Me" "Treason" "In Harm's Way" "The Price of Peace" "With Friends Like These" "Against the Odds" "Survival the Hard Way" "Silent Enemies" "Duet for Human and Narn in C Sharp" "Coda for Human and Narn in B Flat" "The Psi Corps and You!" "In Valen's Name" "The Lost Tales mini-comic"|