The Earth Senate was the Legislative Branch of Earthgov and made up the central body of the EA government.
The Senate was comprised of representatives elected from each of the Earth Alliance member states, such as the Russian Consortium, the Indonesian Consortium and (from 2262 onwards) the independent colony worlds such as Mars. Alongside these are The Vice President of the Earth Alliance the President of the EA Senate. The Senate Military Bureau provides information regarding Earthforce laws and regulations.
Prior to 2258, the Bureau had stated that the use of telepathic scans in military hearings are allowed only to determine the truth of specific charges, not as blanket for loyalty checks. In 2258, this ruling was later contradicted by the policies of then Vice President Morgan Clark who instituted loyalty scans.
In 2260, the Senate held hearings into Morgan Clark's purported health and departure from Earthforce One shortly before it exploded on January 1, 2259. In retaliation, Clark declared Martial law and eventually dissolved the senate which he reformed with many of his own people in their place. Senator Crosby led the march on capturing President Clark at the end of the Earth Alliance Civil War.
- Senate Committee on Technology and Privacy: Formed in 2115 and initially considered to be a "do nothing" Committee, Senator Lee Crawford was made the chair for this committee as a way of pushing him to one side. When the existence of certifiable telepaths became public knowledge, the committee suddenly became very relevant. Aside from Senator Crawford, the Committee members included Senators Vladmir Tokash, Ledepa Koya, Crispin Dover and Ramira Alejandro with Dr. Alice Kimbrell: a neurochemist and the editor of the Medical Journal in which the discovery was published and Dr. Ortiz; a psychologist serving in an advisory capacity.
- Senate Committee on Metasensory Regulation: Formed in 2117, shortly after the discovery of certifiable human telepaths.
- Babylon 5 Senate Oversight and Appropriations Committee: Formed to oversee Babylon 5 until it's declaration of independence in 2260. Senator Hidoshi served and the Senate liaison in 2258.
- Senate Committee on Anti-Earth Activities: Formed after EA President Clark reconstituted the Senate in 2261 to hear testimonies from witnesses regarding alien sympathizers attempting to bring down Earthgov.
- Senate Committee on Metasensory Abilities: Formed in the wake of the Telepath War and the dissolution of Psi Corps to oversee the new Bureau of Telepath Integration.
|Senator||Time in Office||Constituency|
|Lee Crawford||2114 - 2156||United States of America|
|Vladmir Tokash||Circa 2115||Russian Consortium|
|Ledepa Koya||Circa 2115||Indonesian Consortium|
|Crispin Dover||Circa 2115||United Kingdom of Great Britain|
|Ramira Alejandro||Circa 2115||Indian Consortium|
|Menshikov||Circa 2118||Russian Consortium|
|Philip Lai||Circa 2133|
|Khalid Ahmed||2189||United Islamic Nations|
|Hidoshi|| Circa 2258|
(Retired by mid-2259)
|Pol Quat||Circa 2258||Indonesian Consortium|
|Ronald Quantrell||Circa 2259/2260|
|Borashevsky|| Circa 2260|
(purged during the Senate dissolution)
|Ross Fowler||Circa 2261|
|Susanna Luchenko||2260 - 2261||Russian Consortium|
|Elizabeth Metarie||Circa 2261|
|Jacob Redway||Circa 2267|
- ↑ Eyes
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Endgame
- ↑ Points of Departure
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Dark Genesis - The Birth of the Psi Corps
- ↑ There All the Honor Lies
- ↑ Voices of Authority
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Deathwalker (episode)
- ↑ The Illusion of Truth
- ↑ The Well of Forever
- ↑ Final Reckoning - The Fate of Bester
- ↑ By Any Means Necessary
- ↑ A Voice in the Wilderness, Part II
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 And Now For a Word
- ↑ 14.0 14.1 Believers
- ↑ A Spider in the Web
- ↑ The Long, Twilight Struggle
- ↑ Ship of Tears
- ↑ Point of No Return
- ↑ The Exercise of Vital Powers
- ↑ Intersections in Real Time
- ↑ Rising Star
- ↑ The Deconstruction of Falling Stars
- ↑ War Zone
- ↑ Each Night I Dream of Home