G'Quan class heavy cruisers were the backbone of the Narn Regime's naval forces up until their defeat by the Centauri Republic in 2259. Ma'Kan Industries located at Wings of G'Lan facility over Narn is responsible for manufactoring this class of vessel.
The majority of the G'Quan-class cruisers were destroyed during the Narn-Centauri War, with the greatest losses suffered at the Battle of Gorash VII. In an attempt to destroy the main Centauri supply base, Warleader G'Sten led an armada made up of the bulk of the Narn fleet in an all-out frontal assault on a planet called Gorash VII. Unfortunately the planet was guarded by a small fleet of Shadow vessels which intercepted the Narn armada, completely annihilated it and took only slight damage to one of its vessels.
Despite this, a few Narn cruisers did manage to survive the war, though most were crippled and left to drift during the Centauri's rush to advance on the Narn Homeworld; they were later salvaged by the resistance, often requiring one ship to be cannibalised to repair another. Only the G'Tok was left fully functional, thanks to the intervention of Babylon 5 forces, and it would later play a key role in the war against the Shadows.
- Unnamed vessel that went to Z'ha'dum and was destroyed by the Shadows.
- Unnamed vessel that was destroyed at the First Battle of Quadrant 14.
- Unnamed vessel that was destroyed by Centauri forces.
- Unnamed vessel that attended the decommissioning of Babylon 5 in 2281.
- In The Official Guide to Babylon 5 released by Sierra Entertainment was the ship's name was misspelled G'Quon.
Behind the ScenesEdit
- "I wanted it to look simple from afar, almost as if you were looking at a fighter, but as you got closer you got the feeling that the ship was immense."
- – Paul Bryant interview for B5Scrolls
The G'Quan class was designed by Computer Imaging Supervisor and Foundation Imaging Co-founder Paul Bryant. The design was intended to echo the shape of the Narn fighter that had already been developed by Ron Thornton while the striped hull markings were meant to reflect tribal art and war paint. The G'Quan first appeared in the episode "Revelations" as a replacement for the more rushed design of Narn cruiser used in the first season and would continue to be used as the primary Narn ship all the way through the rest of B5, into Crusade and a rebuilt version even appeared in the "The Lost Tales" DVD movie.
- Other Sources
|Narn Regime Ship Classes|
|Capital Ships & Fighters|
|G'Quan-class Heavy Cruiser Heavy Cruiser Cruiser Frazi-class Heavy Fighter|
|Freighter "Quadrant-37"-type Orbital base "Quadrant-14"-type Orbital base Orbital Defense Platform|