Byron and the telepath colony bring an ultimatum to the Interstellar Alliance. Londo returns to Centauri Prime, with G'Kar as his bodyguard, and discovers intrigue and danger in the Royal Court.
- Bruce Boxleitner as President John Sheridan
- Jerry Doyle as Michael Garibaldi
- Mira Furlan as Ambassador Delenn
- Richard Biggs as Dr. Stephen Franklin
- Bill Mumy as Lennier
- Tracy Scoggins as Captain Elizabeth Lochley
- Stephen Furst as Vir Cotto
- Jeff Conaway as Security Chief Zack Allan
- Patricia Tallman as Lyta Alexander
- Peter Jurasik as Ambassador Londo Mollari
- Andreas Katsulas as Ambassador G'Kar
- Robin Atkin Downes as Byron
- Neil Hunt as Minister Vitari
- Damian London as Regent Virini
- Victor Love as Telepath
- Francis X. McCarthy as Minister Vole
- Ian Ogilvy as Lord Jano
- Regular characters who appear in this episode are John Sheridan, Michael Garibaldi, Delenn, Zack Allan, Lyta Alexander, Londo Mollari and G'Kar.
Garibaldi provides a report to Sheridan and Delenn that cargo transports are being destroyed by an unknown force.
Byron's followers lurk near alien ambassadors and learn secrets from them. Londo and G'Kar return to Centauri Prime. While there, Lord Jaro warns Londo of strange happenings with ships and other Centauri supplies, as well as the mysterious absence of the Regent. Later that night, Jaro sees the Regent, who appears delusional. Something attacks Jaro.
Jaro is found dead in what appears to be a suicide, but neither Londo nor G'Kar believe it.
Byron presents an ultimatum to the Alliance: give the telepaths a homeworld or the telepaths would reveal all the secrets gathered from the alien ambassadors. Londo is nearly assasinated, but the blade's course is altered midair and returns back to the assassin. A dark figure with large red eyes disappears behind a door.
A telepath is accosted, and a few fellow telepaths go to his rescue, beating up his accosters. Londo meets with the Regent, who warns him that darkness is coming.
Zack asks Sheridan for permission to arrest all of the telepaths; Sheridan agrees. Some of the telepaths choose to go and fight, leaving Byron behind with the rest of the telepaths. Londo decides to return to Babylon 5 immediately. Byron and Lyta share a night in bed.
"He is my bodyguard."
"Well, it's good to know that your excellency's sense of humor is still intact after such a long voyage. Well, now perhaps if we could show you to your room."
"Minister Vitari, I wasn't joking. His name is G'Kar, and he .. he is my bodyguard. And I can find my room very well on my own, thank you."
- – Londo Mollari and Minister Vitari
"Once I would've thought pastels for the curtains, but I think we are well beyond pastels now. No, no bright colors anymore, just darkness."
- – Regent Milo Virini to Lord Jano
"Besides, everyone knows the true source of pain is neither the hand nor the heart. It is the mouth. Is it not, Minister?"
- – G'Kar to Minister Vole
- In the scene where Londo finds the Regent behind the throne, a boom mic can be seen on the right, being pulled out from behind the throne.
|Babylon 5 Season 5 "Wheel of Fire"|
|<<< Previous Season "No Compromises" "The Very Long Night of Londo Mollari" "The Paragon of Animals" "A View from the Gallery" "Learning Curve" "Strange Relations" "Secrets of the Soul" "Day of the Dead" "In the Kingdom of the Blind" "A Tragedy of Telepaths" "Phoenix Rising" "The Ragged Edge" "The Corps is Mother, the Corps is Father" "Meditations on the Abyss" "Darkness Ascending" "And All My Dreams, Torn Asunder" "Movements of Fire and Shadow" "The Fall of Centauri Prime" "Wheel of Fire" "Objects in Motion" "Objects at Rest" "Sleeping in Light"|
|Babylon 5 franchise|
|Babylon 5 & Crusade Episodes by Season|
|Signs and Portents The Coming of Shadows Point of No Return No Surrender, No Retreat Wheel of Fire Crusade: Season 1 Unfilmed Episodes|
|The Gathering In the Beginning Thirdspace River of Souls A Call to Arms The Legend of the Rangers Voices in the Dark|
|Novels Comic Books Short Stories Reference books Magazines|
|DVD Releases VHS Home Video The Official Guide to Babylon 5 Babylon 5: Into the Fire|