The Kestrel Class Atmospheric Shuttles were the most common medium atmospheric shuttle used by the Earth Alliance.
Originally incepted by Mitchell-Hyundyne in 2241, by 2262 KarmaTech had become the design's primary manufacturer. A notably versatile craft, the Kestrel was easily operated by a single pilot and would have been most often used to ferry cargo and personnel between surface and orbital facilities. They could also be outfitted for scientific survey missions and were carried aboard most Earthforce starships and space stations.
- In 2258, Doctor Tasaki piloted the shuttle with a survey team to Epsilon III. A beacon was triggered by the recent surface quakes disabled the shuttle. A Starfury was sent to tow the shuttle back to the station. After the shuttle was repaired, Dr. Tasaki went on another survey mission in the shuttle, this time escorted by the Delta Squadron. The shuttle was attacked by missiles from the surface, and damaged when one of the missiles exploded near the shuttle. The Delta Squadron was able to divert the missiles when they fired into the atmosphere. The shuttle had to be towed back to the station, again. The shuttle was repaired once again, and Commander Jeffrey Sinclair and Lieutenant Commander Susan Ivanova took the shuttle through a newly discovered fissure on the surface. They discovered the Great Machine and the machine's operator, Varn. They brought him back to the station for medical care.
- During the Battle for Epsilon III, Chief Michael Garibaldi took the shuttle in pursuit of Ambassador Londo Mollari's transport down to the surface of Epsilon III. 
- In 2259, Captain John Sheridan and Ambassador Delenn took the shuttle to go and meet Draal on Epsilon III.  In 2261, Commander Ivanova used the shuttle to go down to Epsilon III to help get more power in an effort to get the Voice of the Resistance's broadcast to Earth. 
- Shuttle 2: Callsign for a shuttle owned by IPX. It was destroyed by a detachment of Drakh soldiers on Ceti IV in 2267.
- ↑ EA Atmos. Shuttle, Size comparison chart 1.1 by T. Earls
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 The Official Guide to Babylon 5 (CD ROM)
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Babylon 5 Security Manual
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 War Zone
- ↑ Z'ha'dum (episode)
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 A Voice in the Wilderness, Part I
- ↑ A Voice in the Wilderness, Part II
- ↑ The Long, Twilight Struggle
- ↑ Conflicts of Interest
|Earthforce Ship Classes|
|Olympus-class corvette Hyperion-class heavy cruiser Nova-class dreadnought Omega-class destroyer Advanced Omega-class destroyer Warlock-class destroyer|
|SA-23E Starfury SA-32A Thunderbolt Stealth Starfury Heavy Starfury Badger-class Starfury|
|Earthforce One Magnum heavy lifter Breaching pod Troop Transport Kestrel Class Atmospheric Shuttle Crew Shuttle|
|Aegis orbital defense platform Life pod Work pod Gunship Explorer class ship Cotten class Deep Penetration Tender Shadow Hybrid|