Two Minbari Ranger trainees visit the station, Garibaldi investigates Lockley's background, and Zack investigates a murder in Down Below.
- Bruce Boxleitner as President John Sheridan
- Jerry Doyle as Michael Garibaldi
- Mira Furlan as Ambassador Delenn
- Richard Biggs as Dr. Stephen Franklin
- Bill Mumy as Lennier
- Tracy Scoggins as Captain Elizabeth Lochley
- Stephen Furst as Vir Cotto
- Jeff Conaway as Security Chief Zack Allan
- Patricia Tallman as Lyta Alexander
- Peter Jurasik as Ambassador Londo Mollari
- Andreas Katsulas as Ambassador G'Kar
- Nathan Anderson as Rastenn
- Turhan Bey as Turval
- Brendan Ford as Tannier
- Trevor Goddard as Trace
- Brian McDermott as Durhan
- Unknown as Lex Moreau
- Unknown as William
- Unknown as Rosa
- Unknown as Red
- Unknown as Jerry
- Unknown as Miller
- Regular characters who appear in this episode are John Sheridan, Michael Garibaldi, Delenn, Stephen Franklin, Zack Allan and Elizabeth Lochley.
- Turhan Bey, who had previously played the Centauri Emperor in the episode The Coming of Shadows, returns playing Turval.
- Legendary Minbari warrior Durhan makes an appearance, played by Brian McDermott.
A new underworld boss tries to take control of Down Below. When Tannier, a Ranger trainee, interferes with the criminals' plans to assassinate Zack, he is gravely wounded. Delenn refuses to allow station security to pursue the attackers - as part of his training, Tannier himself must confront them, and learn the use of terror.
Garibaldi's suspicions about Lochley continue to grow. Meanwhile, Garibaldi wants more information on Lochley's background...and so does Delenn, who suspects that there may be more to Lochley's relationship with Sheridan than anyone is letting on.
In response to the attack on Tannier, several Rangers come to the station and locate the underworld boss and his group. They take out the group and leave Tannier, partially recovered, to face the boss alone.
The Rangers watch, with the two elders providing instructions to the other Ranger apprentices during the battle. Tannier defeats the boss, who is taken into custody by security.
The episode ends with Sheridan revealing to Delenn about his relationship with Lochley, though what that relationship is remains unsaid on screen.
|Babylon 5 Season 5 "Wheel of Fire"|
|<<< Previous Season "No Compromises" "The Very Long Night of Londo Mollari" "The Paragon of Animals" "A View from the Gallery" "Learning Curve" "Strange Relations" "Secrets of the Soul" "Day of the Dead" "In the Kingdom of the Blind" "A Tragedy of Telepaths" "Phoenix Rising" "The Ragged Edge" "The Corps is Mother, the Corps is Father" "Meditations on the Abyss" "Darkness Ascending" "And All My Dreams, Torn Asunder" "Movements of Fire and Shadow" "The Fall of Centauri Prime" "Wheel of Fire" "Objects in Motion" "Objects at Rest" "Sleeping in Light"|
|Babylon 5 franchise|
|Babylon 5 & Crusade Episodes by Season|
|Signs and Portents The Coming of Shadows Point of No Return No Surrender, No Retreat Wheel of Fire Crusade: Season 1 Unfilmed Episodes|
|The Gathering In the Beginning Thirdspace River of Souls A Call to Arms The Legend of the Rangers Voices in the Dark|
|Novels Comic Books Short Stories Reference books Magazines|
|DVD Releases VHS Home Video The Official Guide to Babylon 5 Babylon 5: Into the Fire|