Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The following is a list of food and drinks.
The Minbari followed rituals and traditions in preparing a meal for honored guests. The food would be sanctified during each of the fifteen stages of cooking. The spices would be blessed and a specific prayer spoken when they would be used. Each spice could only be used once, and only in the correct order. If an error was made, the entire meal would be abandoned and begun again from scratch. The cook would not sleep until the meal was complete and to remain pure, would only consume water and bread.
The host and the guest exchanged bowls, in a gesture of welcoming. Then, they would both offer a portion of their meals to the one who prepared it as a gesture of thankfulness. It was tradition for the guest to set aside one piece of flarn in the memory of Valen in the place that is set aside for his return. In between bites, each person would meditate.
- Almara Meal: A traditional meal from the Almara Archipelago on Minbar that bears a resemblance to Earth couscous and is traditionally served with cooked Ulabon.
- Bagna Cauda: Literally meaning "hot bath", Bagna Cauda is an Earth dish from Piedmont in northwestern Italy.
- Beeba: A plant that produces an organic oil, broadly comparable to Earth olive oil and which has similar culinary uses.
- Breen: A Narn ground meat delicacy which is identical to Earth Swedish meatballs and Centauri Prime's Roopo balls.
- Flarn: A soft green Minbari food, created by Valen himself and traditionally served in small cube portions to honor visiting guests.
- G'Quan Soup:A medley of various vegetables that is traditionally made communally and consumed to honor the hatchday of G'Quan. The precise ingredients aren't considered important, only that each brood member bring one vegetable.
- Glivinn: A traditional Minbari dinner of the Third Fane of Chudomo that may only be prepared and eaten on Valen's Day.
- Gollif: An edible fleshy fungus-like organism native to the Narn Homeworld that has similar culinary properties to an Earth open cup mushroom.
- Kili grain: A type of crop grown on Shir-shraba as early as the Earth year 1442, sold in bulk to Drazi traders for the Dark Moon ceremony on Zhabar.
- Kreebish: A type of pink dessert, usually served fresh.
- Japoti: A Centauri sweet pastry dish that is considered an excellent accompaniment to hot Jala.
- Jurbeen: A Centauri recipe, popular among minor functionaries of the Royal Court, that features chunks of smoked Treel in a cheese and rikling sauce.
- Pinaldi: A Centauri savoury pastry dish filled with a variety of cheeses, foolash and irradiated watsuls. It was known to have been a particular favourite of Emperor Turhan.
- Snicks: A Centauri confection made from sweetened doola nuts and flibies (tree nuts) with a crispy coating.
- Spoo: A gray meat dish and a staple of Centauri cuisine, preferably aged. The Narns, on the other hand, prefer it fresh, while Humans generally find it unpalatable.
- Swedish meatballs: An Earth ground meat delicacy which is identical to Narn Breen and Centauri Prime's Roopo balls.
- Treel: A Centauri meat dish from a green and white fish-like creature. Served encrusted with pasta in a tawloo fat sauce.
- Y'Tzeem: A type of Drazi candy traditionally given to children during the 'Transcendence of Dro'shalla' ritual.
- Bor'Kaan: A very potent and (to humans) nasty Drazi alcoholic drink beverage. Human can only safely drink Bor'Kann after first taking an alcohol blocker. After Commander Susan Ivanova became 'Green Leader' for Babylon 5's Drazi population during the selection of a new Shadak, the local Drazi created a new drink in her honour called "Bor'Kaan Volshool Ivanova". They claimed to have made it palatable for her by "diluting" with Russian vodka.
- Brivari: A Centauri alcoholic drink and the official celebratory drink of the Couro Prido society. The beverage must maintain a constant temperature or its very delicate flavour can be destroyed.
- Comet Tail: An alcoholic drink of human origin. Somewhat more potent than a Jovian Sunspot or Brivari, but not quite as incapacitating as Taree or Hot Jala. Normally comes with a recommended two drink limit to avoid passing out.
- Jovian Sunspot: A human drink made from cream of coconut, cranberry-apple juice, vodka and orange juice that originates from Zeus, a little dive of a spaceport bar on Station Io. Susan Ivanova has claimed to have been one of the drink's creators by suggesting to Floyd (the bartender at Zeus) that he add vodka into the mix. John Sheridan and Abbut both had a particular fondness for Jovian Sunspots.
- Kompa: A potent Llort alcoholic drink which shares its name with the drinking game by which it is consumed.
- Kriul: A very potent Narn drink that is lethal to humans, but can be used as a disinfectant.
- Orcha Juice: A Markab drink blended from a mix of fruit juices, mostly venda juice and something similar to Earth ginger ale. It was a favourite of Dr. Franklin who introduced it to his father in 2259.
- Rmm*zzq!wwx: An extremely incapacitating pak'ma'ra drink that roughly translates as "Roadkill Malt". Humans are advised to avoid sampling at all costs.
- Sha'chai: A non-alcoholic drink of Minbari origin. While it has no intoxicating effects on Minbari themselves, to humans it is very potent and its consumption requires proof of medical coverage.
- Sha'neyat: A potent and strictly ceremonial Minbari tea (loosely translated as death destroyer) distilled from a combination of flowers, fruits, and grains. Though harmless to Minbari, Sha'neyat is a deadly poison to Humans.
- Shirley Temple: Non-alcoholic Earth cocktail. Vir enjoyed drinking them. When Lennier met with him to say goodbye on the Zocalo, he asked what it was he was drinking. When Vir told him, he took the name of it literally believing it to be a real temple that he intended to visit the next time he went to Earth.
- T'm'lai'na: A very potent Abbai drink that has been known to dissolve human intestines and corrode metal.
- Taree: A Narn ruby-coloured wine drink flavoured with a variety of fruits and klaga bark spice.
- Traxian ale, an beverage served in Arterial Blockage restaurant in Fortune City on Cestus and at Doug's Dugout sports bar on Babylon 5.
- Although Flarn is established as a Minbari food, in ("The Parliament of Dreams"), Catherine Sakai told Commander Sinclair that she had just bought "Antarean flarn." Whether the Minbari exported flarn to the Antares sector or if the Antares sector produce their own version of Minbari flarn is uncertain.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Confessions and Lamentations
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 2.11 2.12 2.13 2.14 2.15 2.16 2.17 2.18 2.19 2.20 2.21 2.22 2.23 2.24 2.25 2.26 2.27 2.28 2.29 2.30 Dining on Babylon 5
- ↑ A Distant Star
- ↑ Walkabout
- ↑ Secrets of the Soul
- ↑ Day of the Dead - Served by Sheridan & Delenn for Rebo & Zooty
- ↑ Knives
- ↑ Deadly Relations - Bester Ascendant
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 To Dream in the City of Sorrows
- ↑ Falling Toward Apotheosis - Cartagia offered a bowl of Snicks to Mollari
- ↑ A Tragedy of Telepaths
- ↑ A View from the Gallery
- ↑ Walkabout
- ↑ The Legend of the Rangers
- ↑ 15.0 15.1 15.2 TKO
- ↑ 16.0 16.1 GROPOS
- ↑ The Geometry of Shadows
- ↑ Knives
- ↑ 19.0 19.1 The Very Long Night of Londo Mollari
- ↑ Born to the Purple
- ↑ Deathwalker
- ↑ A Spider in the Web
- ↑ Babylon 5 Scripts - Other Voices: Vol 3 (Babylon 5 Alien Guide)
- ↑ Survivors