"I don't want to go to Minbar."
"Oh, of course you want to go to Minbar. Everyone wants to go to Minbar! It is the vacation spot of the season...assuming you're part of the "long robes and head bone" set."
Located in the Chi Draconis — a binary star system in Sector 120, Minbar is the seventh planet in its system and is just over 25 light years from Earth. Like Earth, Minbar has an oxygen/nitrogen heavy atmosphere that produces a blue sky. Nearly one quarter of the planet is covered by the northern ice cap and as a result the overall climate is markedly colder than that of Earth. Minbar is noted for it's vast crystalline deposits with many of its cities carved directly from the crystals. The planet is orbited by two moons, has an orbital period of 1.3 Earth years, and a rotational period of 20 hours and 47 minutes.
- Yedor: Capital city and location of various off world embassies, the ancient Anla'Shok temple and the towering triple spired government palace.
- Tuzanor: The location of the Anla'Shok training compound, the home of Valen and much later the Headquarters of the Interstellar Alliance. It's name means "City of Sorrows".
- Temple of Varenni: An ancient structure from the time before Valen where leaders were chosen when the castes fought for dominance.
- Almara: An archipelago noted for it's abundant Ulabon fishing waters.
- Drogani: Nearest city to Sikar, also in the Southern Polar Region.
- Dronya: City that was a site of conflict in the early days of the Minbari Civil War.
- F'tach: An island group, home to Inesval of the Worker Caste.
- Sikar: A fairly isolated city along the edge of the Southern Polar Region. During the Minbari Civil War, the Warrior Caste ousted the Religious Caste from the city, destroying their personal transports and forcing them to leave on foot, leading to over half of them dying from cold and exposure.
- Tinarel: Birth city of Neroon.
- Mount H'Leya: Well known peek just outside of the city of Tuzanor. During the First Shadow War, Valen gave his holy "Times to come" speech, accompanied by a pair of Vorlons. Among those to witness the event first hand was the Tak'cha Ramde Zarwin.
- Palace of the Chosen One: A monumental palace reserved for the Chosen One, situated outside the city limits of Yedor, between three natural crystalline pinnacles in the foothills of the Tchok'an mountains. Chiselled out of a towering crystalline mountain, every inch of its highly polished surface is carved with scenes from Minbar's history.
- Tchok'an Mountains: A crystalline mountain range just outside of the city of Yedor and the location of the palace of the Chosen One. Water taken from wells bored deep beneath Tchok'an is used to sanctify newly sprouting crops in the 'Renewal of Life' ceremony.
- Strait of Weel: A narrow channel, so named for it's abundance of Weel.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 To Dream in the City of Sorrows
- ↑ And Now For a Word
- ↑ Rising Star
- ↑ Objects at Rest
- ↑ Moments of Transition
- ↑ 6.00 6.01 6.02 6.03 6.04 6.05 6.06 6.07 6.08 6.09 6.10 6.11 6.12 6.13 6.14 6.15 6.16 6.17 6.18 6.19 6.20 6.21 6.22 6.23 6.24 Dining on Babylon 5
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Lines of Communication
- ↑ "Babylon 5 Personnel Files 4.0" (Season 4 DVD, Disc 6)
- ↑ In Valen's Name
- ↑ Day of the Dead
- ↑ A Race Through Dark Places
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 Other Voices Vol 3 - Babylon 5 Alien Guide
- ↑ Atonement